"Bring Zenas the Lawyer..."
- Titus 3:13

The Apostle Paul needed a lawyer. If you need a lawyer, contact us today.

  • Wrongful foreclosure?
  • Real estate issue?
  • Royalty dispute?

Learn more about what we do.

How to Deal with an Invasive Neighbor

Boundary disputes between neighbors living in close proximity to one another can create strained relationships that affect the daily lives of everyone involved. One very common example of property disputes between neighbors appears when one party wishes to make a property improvement to their home, such as building a fence. In these cases, disagreements over poorly defined property lines can often escalate into major arguments. If you’re dealing with a neighbor infringing on your property, the attorneys at Gagnon, Peacock & Vereeke, P.C., are here to help.

What Qualifies as Invasive Property Improvements?

Boundary disputes can be a sensitive topic between neighbors, so individuals may want to be prepared before broaching the subject with a neighbor or an attorney. A property owner is likely to win a boundary dispute if his or her neighbor is guilty of any of the following:

  • Building structures that clearly cross the property line
  • Failing to obtain building permits before work on the structure begins
  • Failing to obtain approval from a required source, such as a local planning commission or homeowners’ association
  • Violating a state law or any local ordinances, such as zoning restrictions or covenants of a homeowners’ association
  • Interfering with the purpose of established property, such as blocking a driveway

Familiarity with these guidelines, as well as local neighborhood ordinances, can help facilitate a conversation with your real estate attorney that may be able to help resolve the issue once and for all.

Contact a Real Estate Litigation Attorney in Plano for Help

If you are involved in a property dispute concerning your Plano residence, the real estate litigation attorneys at Gagnon, Peacock & Vereeke, P.C., have the experience and resources to help. Call our offices at (214) 824-1414 today to discuss your situation and begin taking action.