Real Estate Litigation and Intellectual Property Lawyers
Serving Plano, TX
Providing comprehensive intellectual property, real estate, and bankruptcy representation to individuals and commercial enterprises in the Plano area, our attorneys at Gagnon, Peacock & Vereeke, P.C., have the experience and resources necessary to help you protect your interests.
If you would like to learn more about the legal services we offer, please contact our Plano offices at (214) 824-1414 to set up a free initial consultation.
Intellectual Property Practice Areas
Our Plano legal team is prepared to provide individuals and companies with representation before the U.S. Copyright Office and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO); additionally, we provide representation for intellectual property litigation in both state and federal courts with regard to any of the following:
- Patents — Assisting with everything that relates to the process of obtaining a U.S. patent, our attorneys are prepared to help each and every step of the way. Beyond these services, we are prepared represent anyone pursuing or defending against patent infringement litigation.
- Trademarks — We provide guidance to our clients throughout the entire registration process for trademarks and service marks. Moreover, our attorneys are prepared to help clients pursue infringement litigation or, alternatively, prepare a comprehensive defense against infringement accusations.
- Copyrights — We help our clients with every aspect of the registration and protection of copyrights, particularly with the preparation and filing of applications. We will communicate with the U.S. Copyright Office for you and, should you need to do so, our attorneys can help you litigate or defend against infringement actions.
- Trade secrets — We assist with every aspect of the enforcement and protection of a business’ trade secrets. Our attorneys are prepared to defend against or pursue legal action for the alleged violation of trade secret laws.
- Licensing — Throughout the process of obtaining a license—including the process of negotiation, preparation, enforcement, and protection—our attorneys are prepared to protect the interests of our clients. Beyond this, we are prepared to either litigate or defend against any licensing dispute.
- Domain name disputes — Our attorneys assist clients with both litigation—with the AntiCybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA)—and arbitration—with the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP). We provide services for both defendants and plaintiffs.
Real Estate Litigation Practice Areas
Our attorneys have both the experience and the resources to help our clients through any of the following aspects of real estate litigation:
- Wrongful foreclosure — We help our clients fight against the wrongful foreclosure of their property on part of a lender or bank.
- Easement disputes — With a comprehensive understanding of the laws that are applicable to easement disputes, we are prepared to represent both possessors of easements and property owners work though any dispute.
- Construction defects or disputes — Should a construction dispute or a construction defect cause you to sustain financial losses, we can help you pursue legal action to recover compensation from the responsible party.
- Boundary disputes — While these disputes can become excessively complicated and expensive, our attorneys can help settle any matter quickly and with ease.
- Oil and gas royalty disputes — We are prepared to help clients resolve these important disputes efficiently.
- Commercial landlord-tenant disputes — Should a disagreement arise over any of the terms of a rental agreement or lease, our attorneys are prepared to help resolve the matter as fairly and as quickly as we can.
Bankruptcy Practice Areas
Whether you are considering bankruptcy for yourself or for your business, our Plano legal team possesses the experience necessary to help you make an informed decision about the future of your finances. With that in mind, our Plano bankruptcy attorneys are prepared to help you work through any of the following forms of bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy — We are prepared to help individuals and businesses determine their eligibility for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and, should they be eligible, work through the entire process of Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy — Our attorneys are prepared to assist individuals with each and every aspect of the Chapter 13 bankruptcy process. We are prepared to help determine eligibility, establish a repayment plan, and work through the filing process.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy — We will help evaluate the benefits of Chapter 11 bankruptcy for businesses, in addition to determining eligibility and working through the filing process.
- Personal Bankruptcy — Our attorneys can help clients determine their eligibility for and determine the pros and cons of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Business Bankruptcy — After determining each client’s eligibility for Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy, our attorneys are prepared to work through every aspect of the filing process.
Consult with a Bankruptcy Attorney in Plano
To learn more about what our Plano attorneys can do for you, please call our Plano offices at (214) 824-1414 today.